The importance of Human Resources to an Organizationhttps://www.easyhrworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_3921-1260.jpg 725 467 Kanhai Chhugani Kanhai Chhugani https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a8d82434e452eb9d8d9423e7158d4c3f?s=96&d=mm&r=g
It is possible to find a human resource department in almost all the organizations out there in the world. In fact, the human resource department has the potential to manage the most important and valuable resources of an organization. Without a proper functioning human resource department, a company would fail to achieve a high level of efficiency and workforce management.
The role played by human resources within an organization
- Recruitment – The recruitment of new employees can contribute towards the longevity of any business. The human resources department has a clear understanding about the available vacancies within an organization and it takes necessary measures in order to fill up those vacancies. Recruiting new employees is a lengthy process. It is associated with advertising new job postings, sourcing potential candidates, screening the applicants, conducting interviews in the preliminary stage and coordinating with the managers who are responsible for making the final decision.
- Establishing relationships with employees – The HR department is responsible for maintaining relationships with employees in a unionized work environment. It also focuses on strengthening the relationships among employees. As a result, the HR department is in a position to resolve all sorts of conflicts that arise within the organization.
- Ensuring the safety of employees – It is extremely important for all the organizations to pay special attention towards workplace safety. The HR department takes necessary measures in order to create a safe working environment for the employees. It is also responsible for reporting injuries that take place within the organization to higher management.
- Offering benefits and compensation to the employees – Compensation and the benefits that should be given to the employees is handled by one of the specialists in HR department. That person evaluates the competitive pay practices as well.
- Training and development – All the employees within an organization should be provided with a proper training. It is the human resources department that is responsible for offering proper training and development for all the employees. Most of the HR departments out there in the world tend to offer professional development and leadership training for the employees in addition to extensive orientation training. It will help the employees to adapt accordingly to the organizational culture and perform with their maximum potential towards its development.
The organization structure of HR
The organization structure of HR is somewhat standardized in all parts of the world. However, the HR department is divided into several layers in bigger organizations, such as the HR back office, HR front office and HR Centers of Excellence. The entire department is controlled by the HR manager. In large organizations, there can be more than one manager. The responsibility of the top management is to execute HR strategy along with business strategy. In addition, the management demands perfect deployment of the HR processes.
The organizational structure of HR needs to be flat as possible. Moreover, lowest levels of the department should be given with decision making responsibility. That’s because the HR professionals should directly contribute towards the development of the entire organization. If there are too many managers, the decision making process would get delayed and the organization would fail to execute planned strategies on time. On the other hand, the organizational structure of HR should be flexible as well. Then the HR professionals would be able to adapt quickly according to specific requirements of the organization. If they can adapt, the other divisions of the organization would not find it as a difficult task to adapt within a short period of time. Last but not least, the organization structure of HR should provide an excellent support to career development.
The types of positions in human resources
- HR Manager – When it comes to the organizational structure of HR, the HR managers are at the top most level. It is up to the HR managers to direct the HR department in the correct track and help them deploy HR strategy, which could create an impact on the entire organization.
- Generalist – The role of generalists is to work together with top level management of the organization and delivers appropriate business strategy. The generalists will also have to work along with employees and find solutions to all the small issues that arise in day to day work. The HR Generalist job role can be divided into many different categories as well. They include HR business partner, HR advisor, HR assistance and HR apprentice.
- Recruitment manager – This can be considered as one of the most important roles in the HR department. It is up to the recruitment manager to analyze whether a specific applicant fits well to the organizational culture or not. They can also play the role of mentors in some cases.
- Learning and development manager – As mentioned earlier, HR professionals are responsible for employee training. The learning and development manager analyzes whether information is passed among employees within the organization in a proper manner.
And the challenges HR professionals face
- Retaining unique talent – Retaining unique talent is a challenge that is f aced by all organizations out there in the world. It is the HR professionals who have to deal with this challenge. The HR professionals spend a considerable amount of time when interviewing, recruiting and training the employees and if they fail to retain the talent they hire, they would be putting all the efforts in vain.
- Ensuring workplace culture – The workplace culture should be challenging as well as enjoyable. It is up to the HR professionals in order to create that culture. The workplace culture should cater to all the employees within the organization in a consistent manner as well.
- Make sure new employees fit to the organization – HR professionals can’t do any mistakes when they are recruiting new talent. Therefore, the HR professionals should make sure that the employees they hire fit perfectly well to the organization culture or not.
- Juggling diversity – All the organizations out there in the world focus on creating a diverse structure as well. Therefore, HR professionals will have to deal with juggling diversity.