The importance of Human Resources to an Organizationhttps://www.easyhrworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_3921-1260.jpg 725 467 Kanhai Chhugani Kanhai Chhugani https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a8d82434e452eb9d8d9423e7158d4c3f?s=96&d=mm&r=g
It is possible to find a human resource department in almost all the organizations out there in the world. In fact, the human resource department has the potential to manage the most important and valuable resources of an organization. Without a proper functioning human resource department, a company would fail to achieve a high level of efficiency and workforce management.
The role played by human resources within an organization
- Recruitment – The recruitment of new employees can contribute towards the longevity of any business. The human resources department has a clear understanding about the available vacancies within an organization and it takes necessary measures in order to fill up those vacancies. Recruiting new employees is a lengthy process. It is associated with advertising new job postings, sourcing potential candidates, screening the applicants, conducting interviews in the preliminary stage and coordinating with the managers who are responsible for making the final decision.
- Establishing relationships with employees – The HR department is responsible for maintaining relationships with employees in a unionized work environment. It also focuses on strengthening the relationships among employees. As a result, the HR department is in a position to resolve all sorts of conflicts that arise within the organization.
- Ensuring the safety of employees – It is extremely important for all the organizations to pay special attention towards workplace safety. The HR department takes necessary measures in order to create a safe working environment for the employees. It is also responsible for reporting injuries that take place within the organization to higher management.
- Offering benefits and compensation to the employees – Compensation and the benefits that should be given to the employees is handled by one of the specialists in HR department. That person evaluates the competitive pay practices as well.
- Training and development – All the employees within an organization should be provided with a proper training. It is the human resources department that is responsible for offering proper training and development for all the employees. Most of the HR departments out there in the world tend to offer professional development and leadership training for the employees in addition to extensive orientation training. It will help the employees to adapt accordingly to the organizational culture and perform with their maximum potential towards its development.